You must have heard of different types of asanas that are performed by people to keep themself fit and fine throughout their life. If you are willing to peform yoga then it is very important for you to get the correct knowledge on how to do it. Amongst the different types of asanas you can try to practice Surya Namaskar that helps in providing lots of good benefits to your body. Surya Namaskar is a combination of 12 asanas and is performed in the morning while facing the sun. It helps a lot to give you good health benefits and you would be able to feel the difference in a very short duration of time.
Let us have a look at how to perform Surya Namaskar in the right way:
- First and foremost thing that you need to do is to stand erect and you have to face the East.
- Next you need to join your palms and inhale. Remember that the palms should be in Namaskara Mudra.
- Next you try to breathe normally and try to concentrate on the rising sun.
Rasta Uttan Asana
- Raise your arms high and then inhale.
- Try to bend backwards and you should bend as much as possible.
- Hold the breath in.
Pada Rasta Asana
- Try not to bend your knees and then bend forward.
- Make sure that you try to bend touching the floor with your palms.
- Try to stay at this particular position as long as you are comfortable with it.
- Try to bend your left knee and then you should try to stretch your left leg to the back as far as you can.
- Make sure that your palms rest on the floor.
- Try to hold your breath for this exercise.
- Try to straighten your left le so that you are able to place to the left foot and that too beside the right one.
- Next you need to raise your buttocks and then try to keep your head up. Make sure that your heals are touching the floor.
- Try to ensure that your body looks like two sides of a triangle
Ashtanga Namaskar Asana
- You need to lower your body to the floor keeping in mind that you touch the floor with the help of your knees, toes of the foot, hands and your chest as well as your chin.
Likewise there are Bhujanga Asana, Parvat Asana, Ashwasanchalana Asana, Pada Rasta Asana, Hasta Uttan Asana and the final posture. It might take some time to become perfect but as you practice on a regular basis you would be able to become an expert. By performing Surya Asana, you would be able to increase your chest size and it also helps you in curing any kind of kidney problem and decreases abdominal girth. It also helps in activating your subconscious mind. You would be able to derive the maximum benefits by performing this type of yoga.